- in 1x05, Dean’s eyes bleed when he confronted Bloody Mary, which only happens to people who feel responsible for a violent death. Kripke said there was a reason why Dean’s eyes bled and it was a “dark secret”
- prostitution and/or sexual abuse; Dean recognises the smell of chloroform in 2x06, is always uncomfortable being referred to as ‘pretty’, and when Jensen was directly asked about sex work in Dean’s youth, he said: “it’s definitely implied that there are poker games and pool matches that they can win some money on. and who knows? Dean’s a promiscuous kind of guy. who knows how he drums up the funds that they use?”
- Dean’s jewellery; we know why he stopped wearing the Samulet, but in early seasons Dean also wore a silver ring, and sometimes bracelets with protective symbols on them. where did they all go?
- the Righteous Man; this huge mytharc was utterly annihilated by the writers in the close of S5. Dean bears a mysterious handprint from Cas and in 4x16, Cas explains that the Righteous Man who sheds blood in hell is the only one who can end the Apocalypse…
- Dean’s immunity to Famine and War. especially Famine - why was his emptiness any different than the emptiness that Sam, Jimmy, the lovers who ate each other etc, felt?!
- Dean is able to kill the Whore of Babylon in 5x17 because he is a “true servant of Heaven”, even though Cas said he wouldn’t be eligible for that title
- in 5x18 Dean watches Zachariah die and doesn’t suffer for it. angel light blinds normal humans - and only angels are supposed to be able to kill another angel. instead of burning, Dean’s eyes glow opalescent when he destroys Zachariah, and he is also unaffected when Michael’s unvesseled light begins to fill the room - while Sam turns away from it, and at the start of the episode two civilians are completely annihilated by it.
- Dean is the Michael Sword. archangels have one true vessel. if they exert too much power in the wrong vessel, the human they’re wearing starts falling apart, as shown by Lucifer wearing Nick in S5. but somehow, Michael is content to use Adam and John as replacements for Dean- he is burnt alive by holy fire while wearing Adam, yet manages to knit himself back together in a matter of minutes in 5x22, with his vessel showing no ill effects
- in 6x05 vampire!Dean gets visions from the Alpha which are never explained, and for some reason he is unaffected by Eve’s call to war
- Dean gains the ability to see faeries on Earth in 6x09. we never learn what the faeries wanted with first born sons, or why in 8x11, everybody can see Gilda the good fairy and not just Dean
- when Dean loses his bet with Death in 6x11, Death agrees to fetch Sam’s soul in exchange for Dean investigating souls. for some reason, Dean never follows through with this, and is rightly chastised for it in 7x01
- in 6x18, Dean kills a Phoenix with the Colt, and drinks its ashes in 6x19; for some reason this doesn’t effect him in any way, when a human imbibing the essence of a creature in SPN almost always results in turning into that creature
- in 7x13, when Dean has sex with Lydia, we see that the handprint Cas branded him with in 4x01 has magically disappeared (it was later revealed that the writers actually forgot it was supposed to be there)
- in S8, Dean almost single-handedly tears Purgatory apart to find Cas, and is devastated about leaving him behind. when Cas is revealed to be alive, the season progresses with romantic subtext, while Dean and Cas attempt to work through their issues, culminating in an explosive confrontation 8x17. Dean is able to break Naomi’s hold over Cas by saying “We’re family… I need you” - a line that was originally supposed to be I love you, but was changed because Jensen refused to say it. throughout the rest of S8 and all of S9, Dean and Cas never take a moment to acknowledge that they’re in love with each other
Dude this list is everything
(they also forgot the handprint in 6x01 and explained it away by saying that in 5x22 when Castiel heals Dean he removes the mark)
1.PLUG IN YOUR HEADPHONES.
DO NOT LISTEN WITHOUT HEADPHONES!
3.CLOSE YOUR EYES.
ENJOY A VIRTUAL HAIRCUT.
DO IT NOW.
THIS IS LITERALLY LIFE CHANGING.
Woah, I actually got chills when he whispered.
OMG. I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR MONTHS. FINALLY REAPPEARED ON MY DASH.
I thought this would be like; “Oh cool. Yeah, that sounded like a haircut.”
NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.
YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND.
YOU DON’T EVEN UNDERSTAND.
The back of my head is tingling.
WHEN HE WHISPERED, I FELT HIS BREATH ON MY EAR, AND I’M HOME ALONE IN A LOCKED ROOM, AND I HAD MY EYES CLOSED, AND FORGOT WHERE I WAS. JESUS CHRIST.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! WHEN HE WHISPERED THAT REALLY FREAKED ME OUT. I FELT LIKE HE WAS RIGHT THERE.
omg at the beginning I thought someone was trying to break into my house!!
fuck this I literally just thought someone was at my window and my heart is pounding
I laughed out loud at the tickling from the buzzer wtf
had my headphones on the wrong way round at irst. this is amazing
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT
I FLIPPED MY SHOT WHEN HE PUT THE BAG OVER MY HEAD AND WHISPERED IN MY EAR
I LITTERALY FORGOT WHERE I WAS
THAT WAS AMAZING
WHAT THE FUCK
YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO THOS AND LISTEN TO IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH
OMG NO THAT FREAKED ME OUT I KEPT FLINCHING THINKING SOMETHING BAD WAS GONNA HAPPEN..
those textbooks that rip out your soul and eat it while you watch because you think you only have 1 question to do for homework but no it’s like 1. a) b) c) d) e) f) g) h) i) j) k) l) m) n) o) p) q) r) s) t) u) v) w) x) y) z)
and dont forget 1a) i. ii. iii. iv. v. b) i. ii. iii. iv c) i. ii. iii. iv etc
my favourite legend from the norse mythology is when a giant steals mjolnir and says he’ll give it back if he can have Freyja as his bride, but she refuses to go so instead Thor dresses up as her and Loki as her handmaiden and then at the wedding the giant places mjolnir in his bride’s (thor) lap and thor reveals himself and kills everybody and if that shouldn’t be made a short film with I don’t know what should
Yes, look at me being a stubborn goddess. Don’t forget the part where I shake the halls of the gods when I say no.
Juice Willis, a cameraman from “12 Years a Slave”:
[I love] witnessing an actor’s process on set. Seeing how they get in and out of character fascinates me. They’re like real life action figures. However Benedict Cumberbatch’s intensity was damn near unmatched whether shooting or not at Ford’s plantation. It was like 1:00 AM on a Saturday and we had been there for over 13 hours… in a fucking marsh, I’m talking insects the size of GI Joe’s, bats in trees, just horrible conditions for the crew. Steve and Benedict were inside of the mansion blocking the scene directly after Benedict cuts Chiwetel down. We’re all waiting on the porch ready to shoot and get the fuck out of there. Now normally while a scene is being blocked everyone must be silent. But since we were outside and tired, most of us chatted just to keep from falling asleep.
In the midst of our talking, Benedict kicks the fucking front door open. Everyone immediately shuts the fuck up. We’re thinking he’s upset cause we weren’t respectful to the process, you know, kinda like Christian Bale esque, (mind you he’s holding a huge shotgun) however due was still in character. He’s standing on the front porch slowly staring out into the night, looking over the 75 member crew, then creeps back into the mansion closing the doors. Lol we were shook! Or at least I was. Here I was whining ready to go the fuck home and and Benedict comes out looking ready to kill with the most immaculate hair lol
Just goes to show how professional and talented the guy is. To hold that level of concentration for that long is impressive.
Yeah believe the hype, he has a palpable presence on set. (x)
So here’s the thing: Crowley is clearly demonic. He was a son of a witch in 18th century Scotland, sold his soul, died, went to hell…Became a demon and then became King of Hell.
But he also had a ‘thing’ with Naomi in Mesopotamia. Sooooo…couldn’t he be a fallen angel like Anna? I mean, how did she know what to do? Someone had to do it first, right?
So, Crowley… You were an angel. Became disaffected. Ripped out your Grace. Fell. Was reborn as a human. Learned magic. Sold your soul. Died, went to Hell and became a demon.
And at some point, recovered all your memories. Cool.
I’m just going to leave this here.
WELL THAT EXPLAINS WHY MARK SAID THAT MAYBE CROWLEY WASN’T REALLY A DEMON
also remember when he tortured samandriel he could understand enochian
Also, he probably wanted a bigger dick because he didn’t know what the right size was, being an angel for his entire lifetime.
And remember when he went into Sam to warn him about Gadreel - how his smoke was red rather than black? Or how, when Crowley took over hell, he changed it from all the torture, to the souls just standing in long, orderly lines: isn’t order one of the things angels really adore?